JOB OPENING: Controls Engineer
ICAD Automation has been furnishing California’s Central Valley with industrial automation since 2005. This is a full-time position with competitive pay; health, dental and vision coverage; retirement plan with matching and paid time off. A hybrid work-from-home arrangement is available depending on experience level.
The role of the Controls Engineer is to engineer and program electrical controls systems in the industrial automation marketspace. Success will be measured by the incumbent’s effective and efficient management of cost, quality and timely completion of projects. Ideal candidates are organized, detail oriented, effective communicators, technically savvy, and possess a electrical background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, mechanical or related engineering required.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering in electrical power design, controls design, PLC programming and HMI programming. Experience levels of 0-40+ years are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Clean DMV record required.
- Design and electrical circuits (power and control) in AutoCad and Solidworks Electrical.
- Design, program and troubleshoot PLC’s & HMI’s from Allen Bradley, Wonderware, GE, Automation Direct, Siemens, Inductive Automation and others.
- Adhere to a budget given by supervisor for the task at hand.
- Adhere to quality control procedures as prescribed by supervisor.
The physical demands for a Controls Engineer described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move in and around the office and customer’s sites. Must be able to travel by car, plane and other transportation to visit customers’ sites to analyze needs. Some sites can have rough terrain, loud noise and extreme heat.
- Must have good vision and be able to read small print, see colors, able to read and understand contracts; ability to write proposals and plans, use a computer to communicate via email, to conduct research, and to prepare reports, documents and letters.
- Must be able to communicate verbally in person and via telephone to understand customer needs, provide direction, explain solutions, and present information.
- Physical requirements also include walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, standing, stretching, reaching and climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Who We Are
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
Improving the efficiency of our customers through technology allows us to improve the lives of others through faithful selflessness.
To utilize the resources entrusted to us to be the industry benchmark in the areas of technology, employee wellness and customer satisfaction.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Work Ethic: We strive to put in our best effort. Having a self-starter attitude allows our employees to be productive with minimal supervision.
- Selflessness: We are a team and demonstrate support for each other by recognizing when others have priority projects or need help and volunteering to help as needed. We respond to questions completely and provide information timely.
- Professionalism: We speak, write and dress appropriately; even when customers are not around. Refraining from gossip and cliques promotes inclusion within our team.
- Integrity: We keep our word and follow up. Company and customer information remains confidential. We show up on time, even if nobody is around. During disagreements we strive to show empathy to the other party in balance with our own interest.
- Communication: Without effective communication, we cannot demonstrate our other core values. Our employees communicate effectively with customers and other employees through verbal, written and nonverbal communication.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. We makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Need More Info?
This is only an excerpt of a detailed job description used for marketing purposes. A detailed Controls Engineer job description will be provided during the interview process.